The History & Etymology of The Name Jason
Root: Yahshua / Yah-son – (Jason is first hellenized name of Yahshua 175BC)
Language: 1st Hebrew to Greek (once removed, 175BC) then 2nd Hebrew to Yeshua (twice removed) then to English with Joshua (3 times removed)
1st Hebrew/Greek Literal: “Yah-Son” to “Son of Yah” and “Salvation of Yah” from 1st Hebrew) – 2nd Hebrew Meaning: “Lord of Salvation” – Greek: “Healer”
SEE: 175-171BC – Jason High Priest of Israel – hellenized his own name “Yahshua” to “Jason”
– son of Simon II, brother to Onais III
– First “Jason” in Recorded History – Josephus Flavias records it “Joshua or Jesus” – Antiquities of the Jews Book XII Ch5
“Jason” – (Yah-Son) – rendered back to 1st Hebrew “Yahshua” (read right to left)
NOTE: In Ancient times, a Hebrew Follower addressing the Messiyah would of certainly put back the “Yah”(Father’s Sur Name) – “Shua”(Salvation) – Rendering Yahshua.
– Jason’s In History –
(1) YahShua /Jason – Jason High Priest 175-171BC
(2) Jason, Father of Antipitar 144BC | (3) Jason of Cyrene 2nd Century BC
Acts 7:44-45 (YaHshua / Joshua son of Nun)
Our fathers had the tabernacle of witness in the wilderness, as he had appointed, speaking unto Moses, that he should make it according to the fashion that he had seen. 45 Which also our fathers that came after brought in with Jesus (see Joshua, son of Nun) into the possession of the Gentiles, whom God drave out before the face of our fathers, unto the days of David;
Acts 17:5-9 (49AD/CE)
5 But the Jews who were not persuaded, becoming envious, took some of the evil men from the marketplace, and gathering a mob, set all the city in an uproar and attacked the house of Jason, and sought to bring them out to the people. 6 But when they did not find them, they dragged Jason and some brethren to the rulers of the city, crying out, “These who have turned the world upside down have come here too. 7 Jason has harbored them, and these are all acting contrary to the decrees of Caesar, saying there is another king—Yahshua” 8 And they troubled the crowd and the rulers of the city when they heard these things. 9 So when they had taken security from Jason and the rest, they let them go.
Luke: 1:31-33 (NLT)
31) You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you will name him Yahshua. 32) He will be very great and will be called the Son of the Most High. Yahweh Elohim will give him the throne of his ancestor David. 33 And he will reign over Israelc] forever; his Kingdom will never end!”
Exodus: 3:14-15 (NLT)
14) Elohim(God) replied to Moses, “I am who i am. Say this to the people of Israel: I am has sent me to you.” 15) God also said to Moses, “Say this to the people of Israel: Yahweh, the God (Elohim) of your ancestors—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.
This is my eternal name,
my name to remember for all generations.”
The Name Yahweh (YHWH) was written in the Old Testament over 6,800 times and His Sur Name "Yah" rooted in hundreds of names throughout Scripture before being removed PRE "Modern" Hebrew. Simply put, Modern Hebrew is radically different than both Northwest Semitic Biblical languages 1st Hebrew and sister language 1st Aramaic, who share the early Phoenician/Canaanite Script... The Biblical Tongue.
2nd Hebrew changed the 6th Letter: the 'Waw" (double "u") to a "Vav" "v", which removed the name of Yah from History, hInts the name Jehovah with a "v". Just like that, the Pharisees removed YAH, but we aim to help restore the Sacred Names through documented history and proper Biblical Hebrew.
“Fishers of Men” (Matt 4:19) with a “Readiness of Mind who search the Scripture Daily.” – (Acts:17:11) – Amen!